Everything requires maintenance and cleansing action, either its basketball shoes or technical object. The same case study observes in the sports basketball arena that how to clean white basketball shoes. When you are playing basketball, you always focus on your shoes alongside the quality of the ball. Because shoes are the only right, mean to provide you support on the basketball court whether you are running or jumping.
Further, move ahead, shoe color matter a lot, white is the most prominent color of shoes, demanding you to do a lot of care. After 10 to 12 games, you observe that white basketball’s color and shiny look does not remain the same as in the start.
So don’t worry about it. This is frequently happening with every player. But now, onward, there is no need to worry about your white shoes. Here we will suggest you few practices; by adopting these, you can clean white basketball shoes effectively with ease in minimum time. Being a basketball player, you must know about the importance of your shoes.
1: CLEAN YOUR BASKETBALL SHOES WITH TOOTHBRUSH
- First of all, remove the excess dirt on outer soles by using a soft brush or toothbrush.
- Pull out the inner soles of your shoes.
- Add a few drops of laundry detergent or leather cleaner in warm water.
- To clean the white basketball shoes with this mixture by soft cloth or sponge.
- Wipe away soap residue with a new soft and clean cloth through freshwater.
- Now dry your shoes at room temperature. Never try to dry your shoes with a hairdryer, radiator, or indirect heat or in sunlight.
2: Clean Your Basketball shoes in Washing Machine
- Remove the laces and inner soles of your white basketball shoes.
- Put your shoes in mesh and wash them within cold water with laundry soap at low spin.
- For laces, soak them in warm water with soap and detergent mixture in a bowl for an hour.
- After all, rinse them with fresh water and dry them in the air for 6 to 8 hours.
3: Cleaning the White Basketball Shoes with Bleach
When you are using this remedy to clean your white basketball shoes, start work in your home’s properly ventilated area, especially when you are dealing with bleach.
- Take a small water-filled container and mix a few drops of bleach in water.
- Be cautious throughout this process, and it is recommended that you wear proper Nitrile gloves to prevent your hand from any skin irritation or side effect.
- Bleach is an excellent agent for white fabric shoes.
- Be careful when mixing Bleach concentration in water. High concentration may cause a yellow tinge to your white shoes instead of rapid cleaning from dirt.
- Dip the toothbrush in the bleach-containing solution and do proper scrubbing on its outer surface.
- Apply slight pressure on fabrics to move or lift out sticky stains easily.
- Now, get a soft microfiber cloth or towel in warm water to wipe out the shoes’ pasted solution.
- Rinse off the shoes with fresh water to get a clean and better result.
- Place the shoes in an open, well-ventilated area of your house in such a way that they may get fresh air or indirect heat from sunlight for up to 6 hours or above.
4: Clean your shoes with Baking soda
- You can add one tablespoon of Baking Soda, one tablespoon of vinegar, and one tablespoon of water to a bowl.
- Mix them well. Stir this mixture till it becomes viscous.
- If it is runny, you can add one more tablespoon of baking soda to get its vicious look.
- It will start fizzing or making bubbles and look like vinegar and soda react with each other on its final phase of paste.
- Now, your solution is ready.
- Take a toothbrush and dip its head in solution.
- Apply baking soda paste on your basketball shoes’ fabrics, cover up all the outer surfaces of the white shoes with this mixture.
- Put a little pressure on the bristles of the fabrics that they may absorb this solution.
- After finishing the above steps, wash your toothbrush properly and leave these shoes for 3 to 4 hours to properly absorb the mixture and remove dirt and solid, sticky stains on its outer surface.
- Please place them in direct sunlight that Baking soda paste becomes harder and dry.
- If you observe that the applied paste is fully dried or hardened, remove or scratch the dry paste with a fingernail. If you are not scratching it with a fingernail or using any dry toothbrush for removal, they must ensure that their fabric or outer surface should not be damaged.
- Clap your shoes’ outer soles gently with each other if any paste is left on it, it will be removed this way.
Before closing the guide on how to clean basketball shoes, here are a few extra tips that are very beneficial for you to keep your finance budget without any touch just by follow up on these points.
Clean your white basketball shoes every time after you use them. In this way, any new stains and dirt can be removed with ease at the initial stage because stains have no chance or space to stay on your shoes for a long time.
Don’t put your basketball shoes every time in the gym bag for a longer period. By doing this, there is a wide chance of getting odor and losing the fancy look of your attractive white shoes. One of the best ways is to keep your basketball shoes in an open area or room of your house, where they may receive a proper flow of air. Only wear your basketball white shoes when you are in court don’t use them for the casual movement. Always use a deodorizer, which will give a shiny and fresher look to your basketball shoes.
If you are a serious or professional basketball player, then you must follow these tips and methods while using basketball shoes. In this way, they will serve you and stay with you for a longer time, and will give you a comfortable feeling in the game.